Everything you ever wanted to know about me, and stuff you didn't, but were laughing too much to be able to ask. In words, pictures and links.

Saturday 31 March 2007

Another training day

I was up at the crack of dawn this morning, the reason for this was that I had to be at Castle Combe by 8am to sign on for Marshal training. I thought it would be a good idea to do another training day to refresh my memory ready for the April 11th at Thruxton, and it would allow me to be a Marshal at Castle Combe during the coming season, knowing how the circuit operates and to know my way round.
The day was very well planned, and, as at
Thruxton, a lot of information to take in. All the lectures were very well prepared and presented by a very knowledgeable and friendly team. There seemed to be more of a family type atmosphere than there was at Thruxton too, even the fellow trainees were friendly and I felt very much at home and at ease from the start.
Overall, a brilliant day, but I would have liked a little more practical stuff to do.
My first race meeting is now on April 9
th (Easter Monday) at Castle Combe, my second, just two days later at Thruxton. Next week will be very busy indeed.
Watch this space..........

2 comments:

David said...

All the best with those couple of race meets Marty - I'm sure you'll enjoy them. Feeling fairly confident about them?

Marty said...

Thanks David, I'm feeling pretty good about Marshalling now, but only time will tell.